The Manager, Truckload Brokerage Operations, reports directly to the Manager, Regional TLB Operations. The Manager, Truckload Brokerage Operations, is accountable for all fiscal and operational functions within the Truckload station of Estes Forwarding Worldwide, and leading, directing and managing operations and sales to ensure a consistently high level of service, quality and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
Accountable for maintaining profitable, cost-efficient Truckload operations, guiding and supporting all sales efforts and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory guidelines.
Lead, direct, and manage site operations to ensure maximum profitability and superior customer service.
- Manage station and company resources to facilitate quality and efficient operations.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive customer relations while managing daily resolution of issues. Establish and continuously improve processes to ensure excellent customer relations.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjusts accordingly to ensure adequate staffing that supports Truckload operational demands and business objectives.
- Lead, direct, and manage all Truckload location functions to ensure that all staff perform at or above company and customer standards.
- Work directly with the Manager, Regional TLB Operations to ensure station is using the appropriate mix of multimode providers and assist in the implementation and compliance measurements of external service partners.
- Review and evaluate Truckload location P&L performance and continually adjust short and long term goals to maintain profitability at or above company expectations.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner and that the station provides a safe and professional environment for all staff.
- Provide Supervisors with daily guidance and support on any issues relating to Truckload operations, communication, human resources and company policies.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to company and station policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular performance reviews for all staff, promptly address any employee performance problems and provide coaching or counseling as appropriate.
- Support and promote company core values.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.